Cel-Fi WAVE App
Cel-Fi WAVE offers a window into what is happening within the heart of a Cel-Fi smart booster. It also enables you to control certain features of the unit.
Ensure you are within a few metres of the GO unit and start the App. Once found, the App will start syncing data. If you have problems connecting try re-powering the GO and your phone.
The opening screen of the App is the dashboard that displays several things:
- Errors – an explanation of any issues with the setup or hardware.
- Signal Strength – from the network
- Boost – represented by 1 to 9, with 9 being the most boost. Isolating the indoor antenna from the outdoor antenna will assist in increasing this number and therefore the coverage area. On the GO this figure is a direct coloration of the ‘Downlink System Gain’.
- Operator – current operator being boosted
- Coverage – if the unit is boosting 3G (3G/4G will be displayed), if boosting 4G (LTE will be displayed)
We like this tab as it offers the ability to control what frequencies Cel-Fi will boost. This is handy for optimising the unit for voice or internet, to maximise the internet speed or select a band that is compatible with all phones in a vehicle or room.
The settings tab displays the following:
- Booster Name – you can assign a name to your Cel-Fi. Handy when you have multiple systems.
- Software Version – let’s you know if you have the latest version
- Booster Settings – control which technology is boosted (3G/4G/Auto) or which frequency (Band 3= 1800/Band 5 = 850/Band 28 = 700)
For those that consider themselves to be a tech boffin, the advanced screen is for you! It helps with setting up and optimising Cel-Fi due to the fact an exact signal strength measurement can be obtained.
Useful information that can be accessed include:
- Donor RSSI – extact measurement of incoming mobile signal
- Downlink Center Frequency – what frequency band is being boosted
- External Antenna in Use – if the internal or external antenna is being utilised
- ID – ability to see nearby towers and their signal strength
- Downlink System Gain – the output power and coverage bubble size
To assist with solving complex technical support issues a send log function is available. This will send a copy of the working log to Nextivity technical support. You can change the email address to email@example.com for local support.
The WAVE App features a help section to assist with common problems that you may come across.
In summing-up, the WAVE App is a very valuable tool in setting up Cel-Fi and optimising.
It is a must have when using a GO, as it enables you to control the 3G/4G/Auto button on the front of the GO when it is mounted under a car seat.
Our next article explains the differences between the two GO models and which one to use.